FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
QUESTIONS and ANSWERS
1.Who are the people to contact in case of emergency?
Mrs. Raja Ben Amar (AMS): - Phone (mobile): +216 21 60 30 13 / +216 99 41 05 20
Ms. Imen Khouni (AMS) - Tel (mobile): + 216 22 68 07 10
2. Who provides local support and logistics during AMSIC-1 congress?
The EventCom agency (or L & G Event) will deal with transport between Tunis and Sfax. They are available for help within Sfax.
The agency representative is Mr Hafedh Ben Amar. Mobile: +216 28 28 20 60 / + 216 +216 28 28 20 80
3. How can I get to Sfax once I’ve arrived at Tunis International Airport?
• If this is your first stay in Tunisia, please do not leave the airport without having contacted a member of the AMSIC-1
Our staff will be present at the exit of Customs with cards bearing the names of participants who have communicated their flight plan.
- Two buses (1 morning and 1 afternoon) and some cars are provided for those arriving Monday, May 2.
- A smaller welcome is scheduled for Tuesday, May 3 (a few cars).
The route between Tunis and Sfax is 250 kilometers, approximately 2h30 min by road.
We expect you will need to wait a bit to gather the greatest number of participants.
Thank you for your understanding.
• If you want to go to Sfax by train: please contact the airport staff or visit:
4. Can I buy SIM cards for mobile phones at the airport?
Yes, there are sveral kiosks that sell chips at competitive prices (payable in dinars).
5. Where is the venue for the AMSIC-1 congress and “O” EXPO?
All activities take place at the Golden Tulip Hotel (4 *) which is located in the center of Sfax.
The special rate for conference participants is 75 euros per night. (Golden Tulip)
6. Conversion Rate (Tunisian Dinar) Euro / DT - US dollar / DT?
1 euro = 2.3 DT and 1 US dollar = 2 DT
7. What are the other conference partner hotels?
Thyna Hotel (2 *): 30 euros per night (300 meters from the conference) - Recommended
Contact: Mr Kallel Salem - tel .: (+216) 74 225 317/74 225 266
Alexander Hotel (2 *): 30 euros per night (50 meters from the conference)
8. Who provides support for meals?
From May 3 to 5, lunches and coffee breaks are supported by the organizers and sponsors.
Evening meals May 03 and May 05 are the responsibility of the participants (a note: receptions are planned these days)
In principle an evening meal in the town center (Sfax) costs about ~ 30-35 dinars.
AMSIC-1's organizers are not responsible for the security of goods and people present at the conference.
Of course, we will do our best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
10. Check the AMS website during the conference!
- The agenda will be updated daily for the meeting,
- Access to summaries of plenary sessions, keynotes and special sessions as possible
- Important Messages